Sunday, June 03, 2007

London


Hi everyone, Sorry it's taken so long to write...we had no access to this site or our email while in London. This first pic is Katy, shaun and I on the river cruise that pointed out many of the London sights.
Let me tell you though - we had an amazing time. We were also spoiled by Shaun and Karen. They are the best tour guides in London (Though I must say Shaun did learn a lot about his own city!)To summarize briefly: we went to the London Eye, boat cruise on the thames river, Tower of London, the London aquarium, Kensington palace (there was a beautiful showcase here of Princess Diana), Buckingham palace, and lots of other things to make our days so busy that we fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow on Shaun's king size bed that Katy and I shared! (thanks again shaun!) Probably the most incredible part of London we were able to partake in were two shows, both very different: The Phantom of the Opera (classic) and We Will Rock You (more recent/comedy and musical) featuring the music of Queen. They were both really spectacular. I know this is very brief, but I wanted to let you know how I'm doing. I hope everything back in Ontario is great. Katy and I are now safely at Annemiek's in Ireland on the Coast-it's SO beautiful! We'll be exploring dublin all day tomorrow and hopefully I will get the chance to post again!

2 comments:

Mary Lou and Ron Donkersloot said...

Nice Karen! It is fun to read and see both Katy's and your blog! Looks like you are having fun! Hope it warms up in Dublin!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
It's great to hear from you. We're glad your first week was so terrific. I've been to some of those places too. cool. Please give our greetings to Annemiek en Maurice and kids! Enjoy Ireland! We'll keep you in our prayers. love from us in Rockton, Aunt Annette and Uncle Rob and steph en mike